Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Half a Painting and... an Antiques Roadshow tape!


Okay, so, Christmas was awesome. Aaron got a bike. Wes got baby food. I got water barrels. JT got computer crap and... half a painting. It's still in the works. We had all of my family over for a gift exchange. My parents gave all the grandkids a saddle to share. We still need to go try it out. And we gave Mom her framed nativity pic. She cried for about ten minutes. It was great.
Then we headed up to JT's folk's place, and then to his grandpa's for lunch. I vow never to cram so many Christmases into one morning ever again. We need to have ours in the morning, one side of the fam at lunch and one side at dinnertime. But other than not spending as much time as I wished with everyone, we had a great time.
It was fun to see everyone from out of town. I only got to see Carrie at the Fenn Family Christmas party, but Jeff was able to swing by and play Wii with us for a couple of hours. That was fun. Next time they're down I'm going to kidnap Carrie though. Or atleast plan another game night like we had for Thanksgiving. (This time Carrie, I'll take my dad home with us, not leave you trapped with him blabbing in your front yard again. Oh, and Carrie, the secret weapon to get rid of my dad is a tape of Antiques Roadshow. Plug it in and pretend to watch it. He'll avoid it like the plague!!! -Works everytime.)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, and has a Happy New Year. I'm typing this as JT and my dad are watching Eagle Eye. I'm not totally interested in it so I'm blogging. I don't think I have the energy to stay up until midnight tonight for the big 2008/2009 change. I don't know if my dad wants to stay here that long either. I may plug in Antiques Roadshow. We'll see. OH WAIT! We picked him up. He'll need a ride home! Perfect! I can MAKE him go, muah ha ha *evil laugh*!!! (I really do love my dad, just not his repetitive stories). Wow, this merry little Christmas blog has turned kind of cynical, huh? Call me the Grinch. Oh, and uh... Happy New Year!

2 comments:

gray-gang said...

You are so stinkin FUNNY! :) I love you dad! But then again I wasn't trapped with his stories! That is so funny! I love Aaron's bike- he is such a cute lttle guy! We are definitely going to the zoo Friday and yep I can get everyone in on my pass. Just let me know what time you wanna go and where you wanna meet. I hope you and your family have a wonderful New Year!

Jill said...

That's funny, we watched Eagle Eye last night too. I wanna come to your game night if I'm in town too! I love getting together with you all! Happy new year!