Alfalfa. Leather. Grass. Dirt. Horse sweat. Water from a hose. Poop on my boots. Smelly, grimy goodness. Oh... it's good to be back!!!Now that the weather is cooling off, Aaron can hang on, and Wes is mellow enough to sleep in the shade and let me ride, I can't get enough! (Don't worry, there's always someone with him.)
On Friday, Hayley Larsen and I went to just go touch the horses. She rode Hadem in a halter while Aaron played in the rocks and I fed Wes under a tree. I didn't ride, but it was so good to just be out of the house! JT watched the boys so I could go riding on Saturday morning. Kathy, Hayley and Tyler came too. Then JT brought Aaron so he could go for a little bit while we were cooling off.

Then today (Veteran's Day) we took the Gray girls riding. That was so fun! I haven't seen Jenny in a long time. We practically swapped kids. Kathy and I took the kids riding and Jenny got her baby fix. Aaron was jealous he didn't get to ride the whole time but it was about naptime anyways. We got a trampoline from my in-laws that came in handy. We didn't have room in our backyard, so we set it up in the field so those that didn't ride, jumped. Plus it'll come in handy for me to get my fat butt on my tall horse. But I guess I need to spend more time on a trampoline so my fat butt can get on without one, huh?
Anyways, I'm so stoked to ride again. And our rag-tag group of horses sure is awesome. It's easy to forget how good they are when you don't spend much time with them. I miss it, I miss it, I miss it!!!Okay so this pic is really funny... I had to post it. Joslyn is impersonating a "3-toed sloth" and Shevy came up to nuzzle her... but it doesn't look like that.
Why you should never use Apple-scented Shampoo...




1 comment:
Dena
This was such a fun day!! Thanks again! We absolutely love your family....and I mean ALL of the Fenns! It was so much fun to see everyone, I still cant believe how big everyone's kids are getting. They are all just such beautiful kids! Thank you for letting me hold Wes....I just cant wait to hold him again, he is so dang sweet!
Post a Comment