Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Quasimodo

We have come to the conclusion that we are either bad parents, Aaron is accident prone, or just a two-year-old boy.

It all started about a couple weeks ago. He climbed on a canvas camping chair and it folded beneath him and he fell on my Grandma's concrete driveway. He cracked his head open or a pebble on the concrete made him bleed. But white hair and red blood is pretty dramatic so it looked worse than it was. Then we were at my in-laws and he was running in their kitchen, tripped and did a nose... I mean... forehead-dive into a kitchen chair. Hence the Quasimodo photo above. THEN he ran into my open dresser drawer and got a good bruise and a small cut above his ear. tHeN he was playing on Wes' swing and kissed the floor and got a bloody nose on the day I took him in for immunizations. So here I am with Aaron at the doctor and he has two scabs on different parts of his head, a goose-egg on his forehead, a bruise on his head and a bloody nose. Yeah. That looks good. I'm not abusive. (And poor Aaron had to endure a shot to boot!)

Then at a family gathering at the park my great-aunt had a quilt displayed on a banquet table leaning against a ramada pillar. Aaron wrapped up in the quilt, took a step, and got smacked to the concrete beneath the big heavy table. He got yet another good goose-egg on the back of his head and some swelling and concrete-burn on his forehead. He has got the busiest guardian angel!!!

I wanted a pic of his new ouchie so I asked him if I could take a picture of his candy necklace. He was only too happy to oblige. (Note the mark from the kitchen chair between his eyes).
But when I couldn't see the swelling in the pic I asked him if I could take a picture of his ouchie and he did the saddest/funniest face EVER!

Kid, I'm sorry, but I believe you are an accident-prone two-year-old boy!!!

No comments: